Respiratory Disease in Woodbury MN

Respiratory disease in Woodbury MN

Chiropractic Woodbury MN Respiratory Disease

The lungs and the affects of chiropractic adjustments in Woodbury MN.

Asthma is a very serious disease that can be life threatening in some cases. Allergens or over-exertion that cause the bronchioles, the smallest air passage ways in the lungs, to spasm and become congested with mucus can cause attacks. This causes a decrease in the size and patency of the airways causing difficulty in breathing, wheezing, and coughing.

How chiropractic care can help in Woodbury MN

"The real, primary cause of disease is tension; the cause of tension is pressure; the cause of pressure in 95% of diseased condition, is luxated (subluxated) vertebrae. The cause of the remaining 5% is the luxation of the other bones than those in the vertebral column."

D.D. Palmer, D.C., Ph.C.

D.D. Palmer was "the" founder of chiropractic. What he taught and preached to others about chiropractic is there is more to chiropractic than pain and pinched nerves. Some of the more worrisome consequences of misalignments in the spine come from the possible effects on your body. As your chiropractor, we are more concerned with the potential health problems in specific tissues that are supplied by the nerves that are being cut off at that level of misalignment. For example, if a patient has T1-T4 subluxations, the nerves that supply to the heart, lungs and esophagus are being compromised. Once a patient receives chiropractic care, that patient may see resolving asthma attacks, they may have better breathing abilities, or lessened heart palpitations and anxiety, etc.

The average patient is usually more so than not, focused on their pain levels lessening versus associated bodily dysfunctions. For example, a patient may experience upper-mid back pain; however, they may not associate their heartburn and/or indigestion from their spine subluxation in that mid to upper back region. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) conducted a study in 2002 that found that chiropractic manipulation was able to help improve chest wall compliance and diaphragmatic function in COPD patients, producing an immediate positive change in pulmonary function parameters and chest wall mobility.

Chiropractic care is strongly advised throughout the health community for asthma for the same reasons to improve pulmonary function and chest wall mobility. There is an intimate relationship that exists between the spinal column, the nervous system and the respiratory system. Vertebral subluxations in the neck can cause spasms in the neck muscles and when those muscles become tight they can put pressure on the lymphatic system which helps our immune system to flow properly can therefore be interrupted. With this lack of lymphatic drainage, the lymph system can therefore be overloaded. Adjustments of the neck can stimulate an immediate response for neck muscles to relax, causing improvement in respiratory diseases. Another way the relationship can be compromised is by the lack of chest wall mobility. A chiropractic adjustment in the thoracic spine has been proven to help increase the chest wall mobility better that using bronchodilators and corticosteroids. The nervous system plays the most important role in the relationship between the spinal column and the respiratory system. Restoring the nerve flow by correcting the vertebral subluxations improves the muscle tone in the Diaphragm, pectoral muscles, and other neck muscles that assist in breathing.

In summary, chiropractic care is natural and safe for the body's innate healing process. Thoracic and neck adjustments are beneficial for the body not only for your overall health, but to decrease the intensity and frequency of respiratory disease and symptoms.

Thanks for reading,

Dr. Christine Bartholomew, D. C.

9:30am - 11:30pm
2:00pm - 5:00pm

7:45am - 10:45am

10:00am - 1:00pm
3:00pm - 6:00pm

10:00am - 1:00pm

7:45am - 10:15am

Saturday & Sunday

*Red Light Hours May Vary

Aspire Integrated Health

6445 Lake Rd Terrace #302
Woodbury, MN 55125

(651) 294-2332